Friday, June 25, 2010

Giddy-Up

Cade doing "cowboy poses" before we left.
Tipping his hat, with a "HOWDY".
Now he wanted to throw in a leg crossing, cowboy stand.
Kiddies at the Ro-Day-o, with bue sno-cone mouths...which is also the color of Bart's shorts now.

So, I feel like the Preston family is now official true "Lehians". This week has been Lehi Round-up Days. If you have been born and raised in Lehi, there are some pretty strong traditions to uphold each year during Round-Up Days. Last night we hit a milestone as far as being true Lehians. We went to the RODEO. Rylee and Cade have asked us for years to take them to the rodeo...we never have! So, this year I told Bart if he wanted to stay home that was fine, but I was taking Rylee and Cade to the Ro-Day-O (that's what me and Cade like to call it). Well, Bart decided to come as well. It started out a little shakey, taking Paigey anywhere these days is a little shakey. I didn't realize when I bought the tickets that you sit on bleachers, which are totally open underneath, so basically I was a nervous wreck letting Paige get down...what if she fell through? Anyway, we had been their for 2 minutes and Paige is freaking out bawling, wanting to get down (I won't let her), sweating in the 94 degree heat, and wanting to eat a whole bag of sour patch kids (I let her). Bart took the kids to get sno-cones, sat Paige on his lap to eat her's, and within 30 seconds Bart has blue sno-cone all over his "favorite" light khaki shorts. He was pissed, I could tell he wasn't loving the rodeo. I looked down on the ground level row, and their were open seats. I went down and asked the girl sitting there, if anyone else was sitting in those seats, she said they were all her seats, but she was by herself. Needless to say, we all moved to the bottom, and then the rodeo became fun. What is more fun than Paige dropping popcorn in the dirt, and then eating it again, sitting in the dirt and making piles, eating more and more sour patch kids, etc. The kids had a blast! When it was almost over, Cade turned to me and said, "Mom, thanks for bringing us here, I can't wait for next year." And so there you have it...we are starting a new tradition at our house.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love it. Welcome to the lehi clan!